Integration Lead - IVD Product Development
Based in London
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
My client have a great team consisting of dedicated and able scientists and we are looking to hire outstanding, focused and entrepreneurial integration scientist /engineers.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team engaged in developing the company's revolutionary PCR-based point-of-need diagnostic applications for IVD product development. This comprises a mixture of electrical engineering, molecular biology, physics, chemistry, mechanical design, software, bioinformatics and product design.
The Lead Integration Scientist will form an integral part of the development team and must apply experience and expertise to the design and development of key assays and protocols of modifying standard procedures for custom applications.
You will draw on your knowledge of molecular diagnostic to develop and integrate the modules of a novel nucleic acid analysis platform.
You will be tasked with:
* Work to develop robustness of functional components and chemistry
* Create design requirement to develop the processes and verify for the design
* Develop quality test for the functional components performance check
* Technology development with experience in Ion-Sensitive Field Effect Transistor (ISFET), including development of molecular/biochemistry modules and transfer to cartridge-based workflow
* Create and maintain quality records to assess and improve chemistry, instruments and consumable
* Design, execute and analyse appropriate experiments to assess and improve molecular assay performance.
* Developing novel strategies with the aim of developing solutions to product development hurdles.
* Effective management of required documentation in accordance with ISO 13485 certified quality management system
It is essential that you do not think of your development work in isolation, but rather enjoy communicating, identifying and solving problems collaboratively with colleagues outside of their immediate area of expertise.
A multidisciplinary mindset is crucial, and experience working with electronic and mechanical engineering, microfluidics and/or industrial design would be beneficial.
We are looking for people with drive and enthusiasm; who want their innovation and hard work to contribute to the creation of a paradigm shift in clinical care. Ideally you will strive for exceptional results, delivering pragmatic solutions in a fast-paced environment, on time, with the ability to reduce complex problems to the simplest solution.
Qualifications & Experience
* PhD, MSc or BSc with significant experience working in a Life Sciences/Diagnostic industry.
* Demonstrable success leading a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced product development environment
* Experience of working within and between multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, including at least two of;
- Physics (egg thermodynamics, fluid dynamics,optics, electromagnetism, metrology)
- Mechanical Engineering (egg CAD, FEA, thermal modelling)
- Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Signal processing / algorithm development
- Materials Science
* Exceptional verbal and written communication to ensure objectives, data and issues are understood across all relevant disciplines
* You will need to be innovative and pragmatic with excellent problem solving and analytical capacity.
* Great administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Experienced experimental design, documentation, validation and verification.
* Responds positively to intellectual and time challenges
* Experience of developing products handling small volumes (up to ml) of liquid
* Experience of developing in vitro diagnostic consumables and/or instruments
* Mastery of statistical techniques for Design of Experiments and data analysis
* Working knowledge of molecular biology techniques
* Working knowledge of manufacturing methods for in vitro diagnostic consumables (prototype and volume scale)
Key Words "PCR, IVD, Molecular Diagnostics, In-Vitro Diagnostics, Product Development, Integration, Molecular Biology, Engineering, Microfluidics, Project Lead, Team Lead, Electrochemistry, Microelectronics"
This is an excellent opportunity to work in the development of cutting-edge diagnostic instruments. If you would enjoy this challenge, please apply online, email, or call Neil Walton on 0203 096 4706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 13th February 2018
- Expires: 13th March 2018
- Reference: J23614