Oliver Care is recruiting for a Method Development Chemist to join a speciality global leader in the chemical manufacturing industry at their site based in Essex on a permanent basis paying up to £40,000.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Develop and validate global analytical methodologies for the company.
- Participate in the day to day responsibility for laboratory safety and to ensure that all personnel act in accordance with company's SHE directives.
- Be responsible for the development and roll out of new analytical methods.
- Provide expert analytical support to Operations and Customers related to the chemistry, processing and applications of the Company's products.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a high level of analytical rigour is applied to the development of new methods and to comply with validation protocol
- Supporting the development and training of laboratory personnel to ensure the company's high standards are maintained
- Ensuring that the maintenance and calibration of GC, GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS and FTIR equipment in the analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level within chemistry or equivalent experience
- Extensive relevant work experience in method development
- Experience in method development using GC-MS and LC-MS, HPLC and GC.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41280 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th February 2018
- Expires: 13th March 2018
- Reference: ST41280