Oliver Care is recruiting for a Senior Chemist within Speciality Additives to join a leading global chemicals and materials manufacturing company based in Essex, on a full time, permanent basis that will pay up to £35,000.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Drive the technical elements of product development within Speciality Additives including synthesis and application of specialty products and new application areas.
- Coordinate technical work associated with multiple projects with responsibility for delivery of technical work packages and assigned project objectives
- Make recommendations for new development projects and potential new application areas in consultation with Technical and Commercial colleagues
Further responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert support to Operations, Commercial and Customers related to the chemistry, processing and application of the Companies' products.
- Supporting the development and training of laboratory personnel to ensure the company's high standards are maintained
- Leading and managing direct reports to ensure a high quality of day-to-day work output
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level within Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Significant experience of working in an R&D environment within supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Benefits include a salary of up to £35,000 and a competitive benefits package.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41279 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th February 2018
- Expires: 13th March 2018
- Reference: ST41279