Dominic Bennett is recruiting for 2 experienced Chemists to join one of the world's leading suppliers of Acrylic and Vinyl emulsions polymers, speciality polymers and Styrene-Butadiene and Acrylonitrile-Butadiene latex. The role is being offered on a permanent basis and comes with a salary of c£26,000.
This company is headquartered and stock listed in the UK and they have more than 20 operational sites in 14 countries of the world with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The Company generates revenue in excess of £1.05 Billion and employs 2800 people worldwide.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
· Plan & execute experimental project work to support the Corporate Innovation program for the development of new products and/or knowledge for a range of applications and end uses.
· Carry out work with a safety first approach, including pro-active identification, reporting and improvement of safety related issues in the local laboratory area using available tools, and act in accordance with company's SHE Golden nules and other SHE directives.
· Clearly report and draw conclusions from experimental results ensuring a rigorous approach to data collection and assessment.
· Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to accurately track and communicate project status.
· Quickly develop new skills to support technical understanding/development in new application areas, including testing, formulation and/or polymer development.
· Support the NPD and innovation process through ideas submission, participation in front end innovation brainstorming and idea development.
· Provide technical support to commercial and operations colleagues and liaise with external customers as required
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· Degree in Chemistry or materials science field with
· Good understanding of organic and polymer synthesis.
· Practical lab experience is desirable.
· Good working knowledge of English.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41277 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th February 2018
- Expires: 16th March 2018
- Reference: ST41277