Dominic Bennett is currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to take responsibility for the development of the company's disposable product components. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis and comes with a salary of £40,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience.
This company is expanding its operations at its premises from 30 staff to 90 employees by the end of 2018. Candidates with a Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering and in-depth knowledge of microfluidic technologies and applications will be at an advantage.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
· Lead the development company's disposable products to meet customer requirements and regulatory standards where applicable
· Undertake the design of mechanical components and assemblies including
· Plastic housing for the disposable lab-on-a-chip device;
· Interface between the disposable device and fluid input apparatus; and
· Capsules for storage and delivery of oil required for device operation
· Act as the product owner for disposable components within the company's product development process
· Act as an interface to the customer on engineering related matters
· Co-ordinate with internal teams to propose and implement appropriate technical solutions
· Provide mechanical engineering advice across the company
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· A degree in Mechanical Engineering (Or equivalent)
· Significant industry experience including experience in leading mechanical engineering projects including:
·Managing external manufacturing partners
·Managing external suppliers/consultants
· Customer communication and management
· Experience in design for manufacture of plastic parts
· Capability to operate and manage CAD software and systems
· Experience working within a quality management system, preferably ISO13485
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG41012 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 12th January 2018
- Expires: 9th February 2018
- Reference: ENG41012