Rob Walker is currently recruiting for an Ophthalmic Lab Technician to work in a leading optician's practice based in Surrey on a permanent basis.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED FULL TRAINING PROVIDED!
The main duties for the Ophthalmic Lab Technician role are to undertake all levels of glazing from Single Vision, Bi-focal and Vary focal lenses to a very high standard in this busy store.
Further duties of this Ophthalmic Lab Technician will be:
- Glazing to all levels
- Completing all relevant paperwork
- Taking customers prescriptions from hand overs and making up orders accurately and efficiently
- Taking stock of remake percentages ensuring targets are met and waste is kept to a minimum
- General house keeping duties
- Liasing with the Lab Manager and front of house team
- Cutting and sizing lenses using edging machines
- Accurately fitting and adjusting lenses to customer frame.
- Conducting final inspection against customer specification.
In order to be considered for the Ophthalmic Lab Technician role you must have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be IT literate as they use the latest computer-controlled equipment
- Must be a team player
- High levels of attention to detail
This a fantastic opportunity to start your career and progress within one of the leading optical companies on the market.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH41021 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 12th January 2018
- Expires: 9th February 2018
- Reference: SH41021