An exciting opportunity for an experienced People and Project Manager with a background in Biologic Analysis has become available in a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Group Leader in Protein Analysis you will leader a team of Protein Characterisation Scientists and will be responsible for their development as well as the Project Management of a variety of GMP regulated protein characterisation projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Group Leader - Protein Analysis will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for a team of experienced Protein Characterisation Scientist focusing on their personal development, training and motivation through fortnightly 1 to 1 meetings, quarterly appraisals and team meetings. You will set staff KPI's and ensure records are kept to strict GMP regulations.
2. You will organise and plan the work load of your team, setting priorities and effectively adapting to change using Change Control systems when project requirements are modified. You will keep to tight time lines in a fast paced, manufacturing environment and troubleshoot issues for clients.
3. You will work closely with other team leads to assess the technical output and Process Improvements to ensure the smooth running of the Analytical Services Group.
4. You will use your knowledge of protein analysis techniques such as LC-MS, HPLC, ELISA, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE and qPCR to aid your team and will assist in the lab where required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Group Leader - Protein Analysis we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc. in addition to experience within a GMP, commercially focused, industry environment. Ideally, experience in Protein analysis and an understanding of a range of analytical techniques will be desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in leading and managing people with evidence of undertaking 1 to 1 meetings and appraisals with a history of developing and training staff.
3. Proven experience in managing multiple projects showing evidence of setting workload priorities. You will need to be flexible and have experience with dealing with change when technical issues arise. To be successful in you application you will need to demonstrate the ability to be well organised.
Key Words: Group Leader | Team Leader | Manager | Management | Protein Analysis | Protein Characterisation | GMP | Change Controls | Process Improvements | Project Management | QC | CMO
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 11th January 2018
- Expires: 8th February 2018
- Reference: J4990