Stephanie Davies is recruiting for a Statistics Research Scientist to join a newly formed company from a joint venture between a global electrical and specialist scientific equipment company. The group provides laboratory automation solutions (lab-on-a-chip) comprising of hardware and software product components from their site in Oxfordshire. This position is offered on permanent basis, with a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Advise on the design of biochemical assays being implemented on the devices to ensure statistically robust conclusions can be made
- Devise statistical models for various biochemical assays performed on the devices
- Analyse experimental results, comparing the experimental data to the statistical model & refining the model where applicable
Further responsibilities will include:
- Quantifying assay performance on the devices, complete with confidence intervals
- Working across multi-disciplinary teams to support the development of new products and new technology components
- Communicating progress and sharing best practice throughout the company
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD or equivalent industry experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, biochemistry or bioinformatics
- Experience with image analysis using Matlab
- Experience with standard software packages for modelling, statistics and data analysis
- A demonstrable history of creativity and solving challenging technical problems
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic, fast-growing company where you will be able to make a direct impact on the success of the organisation and to assume wider responsibilities as the operation expands.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41004 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 10th January 2018
- Expires: 7th February 2018
- Reference: ST41004