Scientific Specialist (Medical Writer Senior)
Summary / Heading
A global Med Comms company is looking for a Scientific Specialist (preferably with Ophthalmology and publications experience) to develop high-quality scientific content; undertaking research, writing, editing and proofreading content in order to meet client briefs. The successful candidate will take ownership of assigned projects and ensure excellent project delivery whilst working effectively with clients and opinion leaders.
You will be utilising excellent project management and strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment. You will be highly organised, with the ability to prioritise assignments with effective time management skills.
The Scientific Specialist will be responsible for writing and editing of materials within projects, able to stick to a budget and scope and manage own schedule. Expert writing skills and intermediate computer skills are therefore essential, as is the ability to guide more junior team members in all aspects of the writing and editing process.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a supportive team in one of the top Medical Communications agencies.
Sussex / Middlesex / London (Home working available for the right candidate)
Salary (If applicable)
Up to 46,000 (dependent on experience) plus car allowance and bonus
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This fast-growing and forward-thinking MedComms company is seeking talented individuals to join their Scientific Writing team in a senior role. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to work on multiple accounts and make the role their own.
* Very competitive salary
* Opportunity for flexible working (fully home based is a possibility for the right person).
* Car allowance
* Life Assurance
* Onsite massages
* Sports/social clubs
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
* Write and edit high-quality scientific content within project scope and budget.
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of clients and their products and therapy areas.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry guidelines.
* Accurately interpreting scientific data.
* Working effectively with internal team members.
* Participating in communications with external stakeholders.
* Providing leadership and coaching where needed to junior team members.
Degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Medicine.
Experience in a similar role, preferably in a medical communications agency.
Experience/knowledge of ophthalmology is preferable.
Publications experience is preferable.
Technical scientific/medical writing expertise:
Therapy area knowledge
Scientific writing expertise
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent team working and project working skills.
Effective presentation skills.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Clinical Professionals
- Posted: 7th December 2017
- Expires: 18th January 2018
- Reference: J31921