Robert Walker is recruiting for a Waste Transfer Station Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company in West Yorkshire on a temporary 4 month fixed term contract.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 6.00am to 2.00pm and 12 noon to 8.00pm. The company offers 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and Pension. The company is part of a larger group with sites nationwide. The main purpose of the job is to inspect, sample and analyse waste, and route to the appropriate process; Analyse all process residues prior to disposal off site; and Ensure waste stocks are managed in a compliant and efficient manner. Please note the role will involve a significant amount of hands on outdoor work.
The main responsibilities of the Waste Transfer Chemist will be:
· To undertake WTS operations in conformance with the working plan, licence/PPC permit and any other statutory requirements.
· To continually strive towards the highest health & safety goals.
· To maintain, develop and follow company procedures where they impact on operations.
· To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping.
· To ensure stock levels are kept below permissible levels
· To ensure stock is managed in accordance with legislation, guidance and local procedures
· To maximise the profitability of waste streams
· To provide or organise training for Operators and Chemist
· To manage difficult streams to ensure stock is dealt with within 6 months
· To ensure all necessary sampling and analysis is performed on containerised waste
· To work with the Site Manager to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives.
· To report maintenance issues and assist where necessary in their resolution.
· To ensure that all records required by statutory regulation and company procedure are maintained.
· To perform all other reasonable duties and tasks as requested.
As a Waste Transfer Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· A scientific degree preferred, ideally in chemistry. HNC (or equivalent) Chemistry minimum - essential
· Computer literate, particularly Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook. SAP experience would be desirable.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good communicator (written and verbal)
· Results focussed
· A liquid waste management background would be a distinct advantage
· Counterbalance FLT license
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40616 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th November 2017
- Expires: 13th December 2017
- Reference: SH40616