Dominic Bennett is currently recruiting for a Chemistry Sales Executive to join a growing sales team within a leading chemical developer specialising in hot melt adhesives. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis and comes with a salary circa £28,000.
Our client is a long established and highly successful manufacturer of adhesives, part of a large Group and they are investing in their technical and commercial divisions to provide innovative solutions for customers in the UK. You will become part of a growing sales division, identifying and gaining new business while maintaining and developing strong relationships with their partners. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate with an attractive salary and benefit package, including a company car.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Implement and deliver the sales and marketing business plan strategies in the UK
- Develop new business through the identification of new customers and new applications
- Manage new customers through regular visits and contact
- Evaluate market and customer intelligence to identify new customers and product application.
- Develop knowledge of adhesives and application technology.
- Produce monthly sales reports linked to the business plans.
- Alongside development of revenues, take responsibility for a market sector and develop an understanding of the dynamics within that sector.
- Prepare and deliver short term forecast.
- Attend exhibitions and contribute to company sales and marketing activities.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Graduate chemist with experience in a technical sales role (or equivalent).
- Experience of using CRM systems and sales planning tools.
- Proven track record in the sales of adhesives and up to date knowledge of the UK market.
- A basic level of technical knowledge of adhesives and their applications is required; laboratory experience of formulating and testing adhesives would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal, organisation and communication skills, seeking greater responsibility in developing newly identified or acquired clients through application of key account management skills into core members.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST40623 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th November 2017
- Expires: 13th December 2017
- Reference: ST40623