Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for a Lead Scientist to join a leading drug development company based in North Yorkshire on a permanent basis. The client provides support to pharmaceutical industries and offers a competitive salary of up to £40,000 with excellent benefits.
Working as part of the Molecule Management Team, the Lead Scientist role is a senior role to oversee and manage multi-technique projects and guide Client programs to meet the pre-defined milestones. There is also expectation to travel to visit clients and attend conferences and represent the client by preparing and/or giving presentations and writing scientific papers.
As a Lead Scientist you will:
- Provide internal and external Clients with a central scientific point of contact for projects
- Be accountable for leading the scientific teams to ensure that Client requirements and deliverables are met
- Assure scientific and regulatory integrity of the project.
- Expected to have a working knowledge of all methodologies for a Client project. The Lead Scientist will write protocols and reports using the QC scientist approved data that fulfils the protocol design and all regulatory expectations.
The successful Lead Scientist will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Ph.D and those with industrial experience would be considered appropriate for the position.
- A working knowledge of a wide range of CMC analytical techniques
- Working knowledge of statistics and it’s application to techniques and regulatory applications (validation, equivalence)
- In addition, experience of client management and technical expertise in a relevant scientific area is required.
- A sound working knowledge of 'Good Laboratory Practice' and 'Good Manufacturing Practice' would be advantageous.
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40622 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th November 2017
- Expires: 13th December 2017
- Reference: SH40622