Preetha Sampath is recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join a global leader in the Medical device industry at their site based in Liverpool on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well known company within their state of the art facility offering a salary of £50,000pa to £62,000pa depending on experience.
As an Engineering Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To define, implement and review the engineering strategies of the business.
- To manage the maintenance engineering, project engineering and facilities management functions of the business.
- To monitor equipment and service provisions to direct proactive engineering support to minimise breakdown and optimise plant/equipment availability.
- To plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of all facilities and equipment at Baxter Liverpool.
- To recruit employees; assign, direct and evaluate their work; oversee the development of their skills and competences and address performance issues as required.
- To develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed on equipment and facilities within the business.
- To identify, plan, cost and financially justify capital investment engineering projects that drive improvement and/or capacity growth.
- To perform administrative functions, review and write reports, approve expenditure, enforce rules and make decisions on the purchase of parts, equipment and services
- To present and explain proposals, reports and findings to the Plant Manager and Manufacturing Director as required.
- To provide engineering support to process and equipment improvement activities in support of increasing equipment OEE and Availability
- To manage contractors working on site and ensure compliance with company and legal EHS requirements.
Site Lead for the Lean Energy Program
As an Engineering Manager you are expected to have the following Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Good people, communication and computer literacy skills.
- Experience of managing an engineering function in a highly regulated environment preferably GMP.
- Experience of managing maintenance and project engineering functions.
- Knowledge and experience of implementation of continuous improvement activities.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG40617 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th November 2017
- Expires: 13th December 2017
- Reference: ENG40617