Analytical Development Chemist
My client, a pharmaceutical company based in Cheshire, is looking to recruit a number of Analytical Development Chemist to join their Chemical Development department.
The purpose of this job is to provide analytical support and potentially the project management of drug substance development projects from early phase through to clinical filings. The role will involve liaising with both internal clients and external collaborators and duties may include providing direct analytical support to process chemists, developing and validating analytical methods and providing technical support to in-market Active pharmaceutical ingredients. The role will also involve the authoring of key analytical documents such as Analytical Testing Plans and method/validation protocols.
Key responsibilities of the Analytical Development Chemist are:
* Adhering to the principles of GMP including good documentation practices.
* Managing the performance of and training junior lab personnel, reviewing their workload and driving development.
* Planning, organising and reviewing the work of junior lab personnel to test samples and report results according to established analytical methods.
* Completing the relevant documentation/investigating any OOS or OOE results.
* Checking and reviewing laboratory write-ups.
* Ensure all raw data are archived according to established procedures.
* Writing, updating and reviewing methods, specifications, protocols, certificates of analysis and reports.
* Ensuring laboratory equipment is calibrated and maintained and data are backed-up according to established procedures.
* Performing analysis using HPLC, GC, UPLC and other analytical techniques to support drug substance manufacturing
The ideal candidate for the Analytical Development Chemist:
* A BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or Organic Chemistry is essential.
* A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential with an emphasis on organic chemistry and analytical science.
* Knowledge and experience within a pharmaceutical product and chemical development environment and an understanding of the drug development process would be desirable.
If you would like to join a large global CRO and are an experienced analytical chemist with a good understanding of organic chemistry please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Search Scientific
- Posted: 14th November 2017
- Expires: 12th December 2017
- Reference: Req/458631