Analytical Chemist - ICP
Our client, a leading environmental consultancy, is currently seeking to recruit an ICP Analyst (ICP-MS/OES) on a permanent basis. The role involves analysis and preparation of a range of samples including; pathology & biological, occupational hygiene & environmental & trace organics.
Working out of one of their purpose built laboratories you will:
- Organising workloads to ensure samples are reported in agreed timescales
- Preparation and analysis of samples using ICP-MS & ICP-OES ensuring all ISO 17025 quality requirements are met in line with laboratory procedures
- Process and interpretation of analytical results.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Undertake investigations into internal and external QC failures.
- Supervision and training of staff as required.
- Method validation and development as required.
Candidates will ideally have;
- BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject
- Experience working within an accredited analytical testing laboratory.
- Experience of using ICP-MS or HPLC and ION Chromatography knowledge.
- Experience of sample preparation and use analytical instrumentation.
- Method development and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: circa. £25k dependant on experience, range of additional benefits.
Location: North West
For further scientific career opportunities please review www.sci-search.com
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: 19654