Global Quality Manager required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a Six Sigma Black Belt certification and extensive experience of quality operations in a chemical manufacturing environment.
Title: Global Quality Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a world leading company specialising in the innovation and manufacture of dispersions and additives for application in various polymers and plastics. As a result of their continued success and expansion, they are now looking to hire a driven and forward-thinking Global Quality Manager to join the team. The role will offer the successful individual the chance to drive improvements in quality across both development and manufacturing functions across the business.
This role would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and an extensive background in quality operations or process improvement in a chemical manufacturing environment.
Benefits: Well established and growing company offering an opportunity to work in a fast paced analytical laboratory, with future potential to get involved in R&D. Working hours of 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
* Coordinating the development of and implementing performance metrics related to Cost of Quality at all manufacturing sites
* Identifying, evaluating and implementing quality test methods and specifications for new product technologies
* Reviewing quality testing protocols and methods currently in place for finished products and raw materials, ensuring fit for purpose
* Devising global 'best practice' formats for testing protocols and methods and implementing across all sites
* Providing guidelines and standards to local quality and technical leaders for verifying measurement systems
* Devising and implementing audit schedules related to quality testing
* Providing technical leadership and training on quality systems, tools and methodologies
* Supporting management of the Global Customer Complaint Platform, alongside preventative and corrective actions, using trends to evaluate and improve effectiveness
* Providing training on root cause identification methods, such as Fishbone diagram, 5 Why, DMAIC, SIPOC, etc
* Evaluating, monitoring and participating in external customer quality audits, as required
* Developing new and existing platforms for collection of statistical process control data in order to evaluate quality variation at sites and manufacturing process capability
* Significant international travel to liaise with local Quality Managers and ensure methods and procedures are implemented to a consistent standard
This new opportunity is vital to the growth and success of the business and the ideal candidate should be organised and results-oriented, with excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
* A degree in Chemistry, Engineering or relevant scientific discipline
* Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
* Proven, demonstrable experience of quality operations in a chemical manufacturing environment*
* A working knowledge of ISO 9001 or other Quality Management Systems
* Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
* Good organisation and results-focused
*Any particular experience in the plastics or coatings industries would be considered a distinct advantage.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced quality professional with Six Sigma Black Belt certification and experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: black belt, six sigma, quality, ISO 9001, chemicals, plastics, coatings, polymers, quality assurance, manufacturing, QMS, quality management systems
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: J22285