This is an opportunity for an experienced ink chemist to join a successful R & D team.
The role involves formulating inks from laboratory scale through to manufacturing and will encompass both direct hands-on activity and close liaison with manufacturing partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving existing ink products as well as for developing innovative new ink products.
- Good degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics, Materials Science or equivalent discipline. A PhD in the field would be an advantage
- At least 2 years experience working within an industrial R&D/product development environment
- Hands-on experience of working safely and efficiently in a laboratory environment, researching, preparing and evaluating non-polar solvent ink formulations based on organic and inorganic pigment dispersions
- Good knowledge of the colloidal, physical and organic chemistry as used in ink formulations and understanding of fundamental science behind pigment dispersion and stabilisation
- Proven capabilities in designing and planning experiments, problem solving and developing innovative and creative solutions to technical challenges
- Good analytical skills, an ability to interpret results and make recommendations
- good verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward manner and to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels.
Key skills: Bead milling, pigment dispersion, electrostatic inks, liquid toners, Ink formulation, colloidal and dispersion metrology, pilot production, colour Science
All Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: BES014