As Scientific Sales Specialist you will be responsible for selling an array of laboratory products to a wide variety of accounts (Industrial, Academic, NHS Trusts and Pharmaceutical) across Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Middlesbrough, Durham, Cumbria, Northumberland and Tyneside.
Core responsibilities as a Scientific Sales Specialist for Scotland & Northeast:
* Reporting to the National Sales Manager, your role in this very KEY territory will see you maximise sales potential and business growth across Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Middlesbrough, Durham, Cumbria, Northumberland and Tyneside.
* Increase sales of the company's products and services to customers within Industrial, Academic, NHS Trusts and Pharmaceutical accounts.
* Work closely with key suppliers on the territory to ensure the correct sales messages are being delivered to customers.
* Gain a real understanding of customer needs and tailor solutions that significantly improve the laboratory workflow and financial performance.
* Manage key suppliers and work closely with other sales specialists.
This dynamic and progressive company, with a market leading heritage supplies a range of Laboratory Consumables and Equipment including, Liquipette, Micropipettes and servicing, Pipette Tips, PCR products, Test Tubes, Caps and Cryogenic Vials, Automation Consumables, Pump Tubing, Freezer Storage Racking solutions and much more to customers within NHS Trusts, Universities and Industrial laboratories. This fast paced and enjoyable role will allow you to demonstrate your flair for selling and an ability to focus on closing high value business, whilst continuing to maintain and grow smaller, but equally important, core business customers. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you've proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
* Degree or higher in a science subject (chemistry, molecular biology, biomedical science etc.)
* Proven track record of scientific sales into Industrial, Academic and Pharmaceutical accounts, ideally experience of working with multiple suppliers within the laboratory supply market.
* Conversely, if you are a science graduate with experience of telesales or customer service looking to transition into scientific sales then please still apply!
* Clear and confident communicator with strong commercial awareness and able to engage with end-users, laboratory managers through to procurement.
* Independent and decisive, using creative thought and sound logic to identify, prioritise and capture accounts.
* Basic salary of £22-30,000, depending on experience, with commission
* Company car
* Benefits include: pension
* Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
* Genuine opportunity for career development
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Helix Recruitment
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: JI163.011