Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Formulation Chemist to join a manufacturer of cleaning chemicals based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis. The salary will be dependent on experience and likely in the region of £25,000 - £35,000. Benefits include 25 days holiday, life assurance, pension scheme, private healthcare, childcare vouchers, car share scheme, cycle to work scheme and an early finish on a Friday.
As a Formulation Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to develop products and projects in accordance with brief to time, cost and technical quality. As the product experts, the formulation development chemist provides day to day support to the support services team, franchise network and sales team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the technical integrity of a product brief, specification and project plan.
- Liaise with marketing, production and purchasing to ensure the specification meets the brief.
- Ensure project stakeholders are provided with all the technical information that could affect a project brief.
- Devise test methods that allow verification and validation of physical and performance aspects of the product brief.
- Provide training to the product development technicians and document test methods in line with company ISO policies.
- Document work following company ISO policies and produce technical reports as required supporting the commercial teams.
- Partner with the production team for new product scale up, product improvements and quality metrics.
- Actively participate in project review and product launch meetings.
- Meet and communicate with raw material suppliers as per project and research requirements.
- Work with the purchasing team and follow company ISO procedures on raw material and cost saving projects.
- Ensure the marketing team are aware of anything technical that may impact the company product range including new technology, innovative ideas, competitor activities and legislation.
- Provide direct technical support to the franchisee network, customer services and sales teams.
- Visit customers to evaluate the performance of development products and to resolve technical issues as required.
- Provide regular project direction and training to the product development technicians.
- Adhere to and maintain all company health & safety and ISO quality policies.
As a Formulation Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Extensive demonstrable experience within a formulation or development chemist role in a commercial environment with a proven record of successful product development
- Chemistry, Science or Materials based qualification (Higher Education level)
- Surfactant, detergent, emulsion and formulation chemistry knowledge
- Knowledge of formulating Industrial and Institutional cleaners
- Confident and clear communication skills, accurate with excellent attention to detail, planning and organisational skills
- Able to multi task and manage multiple projects to time
- Logical problem solving skills
- Uses initiative and can make decisions
- Experienced in handling multiple projects
- Managing frontline customer/supplier communication
- Experienced in providing feedback to potentially unhappy customers in a diplomatic manner
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40365 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: SH40365