Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join an exciting start-up company in London who are developing a low cost and compact piece of equipment designed to save young lives that don't have access to fully equipped hospitals.
This position is offering a competitive salary dependent on experience.
As a Technical Manager you will be responsible for overseeing each projects full life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency within an ISO 13485 environment.
Further responsibilities of this Technical Manager:
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to refine and evaluate requirements, strategy and content needs for company products
• Be proficient in and design products using the latest CAD software, preferably Solidworks
• Build prototypes of devices to test functionality, usability and acceptability of new devices or features
• Create and manage documentation required for regulatory purposes including Technical Files / Design History Files (DHF), Verification and Validation data.
• Develop and revise project plans and statements of work, which should include accurate time and cost estimates
• Resourcing through directly hiring new team members and by engaging 3rd party development partners
• Assist in creating company policies and procedures relating to design and development
• Get involved in long-term business and financial planning at the executive level
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity when working.
As a Technical Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Previous experience of leading the development of a class 2 or 3 medical device from concept to market - ideally both in Europe (CE marking) and US (FDA).
• Experience developing products in conformity with the Medical Device Directive and working within a Quality Assurance driven environment ISO 13485 & ISO 14791
• Accomplished (preferably chartered) mechanical or design Engineer with strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and methods
• Excellent organisational and leadership abilities, a high level of initiative and ability to get on with things and make things happen is essential
• Proven project manager - ability to handle multiple projects through to completion on time and on budget, management qualifications e.g. PRINCE2 are preferable.
• Proven ability to build and lead a multi-disciplinary development team
• Previous experience of managing 3rd party/outsourced development partners and consultancies
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG40322 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: ENG40322