HRS are currently looking for a Upstream Process Development Manager to join a leading global biopharmaceutical company based in the North Wales area. As the Upstream Process Development Manager you will be responsible for managing technical bioprocess teams and applying technical capabilities across core areas of upstream bioprocess development (including recombinant expression systems) for novel Biologics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Development Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Proactively engage with key stakeholders across and outside of the business to drive forward and support the company strategy: Including Research & Tox/Clinical operations for the early evaluation & understanding of new biological lead candidates; development of process requirements and production to support early material supply.
2. Support of cell-line expression technologies to novel biologics production, development & validation of biological processes to regulatory requirements to support clinical requirements, in coordination with Bioprocess operations, CMC Analytical & Formulation groups, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, and Commercial.
3. Provide CMC Project Technical support & leadership for CMC programs, working with Project Management and Global Project Teams to provide effective partnerships with Clinical, Regulatory, Commercial, and Business Development as part of an integrated Biologics development team.
4. Management, mentoring & support of Upstream Bioprocess development staff; incorporating direct and indirect (matrix) management. Recruit, manage and develop staff, building functional capability & expertise.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Development Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science subject and ideally a PhD in subject areas such as Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or similar along with industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in managing upstream process development teams for biopharmaceutical production.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with core areas of upstream bioprocess development (including recombinant expression systems) for novel Biologics.
Key Words: Biotechnology | Bioreactor | Fermentation | Upstream Processing | Microbial | Biopharmaceutical | Analytical | Science | Pharmaceutical | Biochemical Engineering |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: J4578