An exciting opportunity has become available for a Upstream Processing Expert to join a leading global Bioppharmaceutical company based in the North West of England. As the Upstream Processing Expert you will be responsible for applying knowledge and technical capabilities across core areas of upstream process development, implementation, validation and testing for biologics products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Processing Expert will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Technical leadership for the design, development and validation of fit-for-purpose, robust upstream processes to effectively support biologic products developed and in-licensed internally.
2. Drive implementation of effective upstream processes and technologies; from new drug candidate selection, to pre-clinical (pharmacology & toxicology), clinical development, transfer to Manufacturing, and commercial product manufacture.
3. Provide scientific oversight and support for external collaborations between the internal Bioprocess group and third parties designed to develop purification processes for company projects
4. Support effective DoE for process design/optimisation, implementation of appropriate control strategies (QbD) in co-ordination with analytical and process development requirements. Support implementation of appropriate lifecycle strategies, process validation and regulatory documentation to support product development plans, briefing documents and CMC documentation, as required, to ensure successful regulatory approvals.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Processing Expert we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific discipline such as Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or similar along with extensive experience working in industry.
2. Proven industry experience working as a subject matter expert for microbial upstream process development.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with leading projects in Design of Experiment (DoE) and Quality by Design (QbD) would be highly desirable.
Key Words: Bioprocessing | Upstream Process Development | Process Expert | Microbial | Fermentation | Bioreactor | Biopharmaceuticals | Biochemical Engineering | DoE | QbD |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 12th October 2017
- Expires: 9th November 2017
- Reference: J4579