Job Title: Microbiology Scientist
Vacancy type: Temporary contract 6 month FTC
Salary: circa £25K depending on experience
Location: North West
Are you a Microbiology Scientist looking to work with a global Biopharmaceutical organisation?
My client is a global Biopharmaceutical Organisation with an exciting opportunity within their Analytical Sciences team. The role holder is responsible for performing the Microbiology testing for the cGMP release of products from early concept through to registration for marketing approval.
The responsibilities will include:
* Performing microbiology testing to support product development and cGMP production activities through all stages of bioprocessing (upstream and downstream)
* Training in new microbiology methods and transfer of methods through to routine application either internally or to external partners
* Performing Microbiology testing of facilities water points, raw materials, in process product release and stability and to lead the management of samples for projects assigned to them. Responsible for interpreting and analysing experimental results and communicating them ` effectively via study reports and presentations to the Microbiology Team Leader
* Writing procedures to the required quality for cGMP compliance for all areas of Microbiology and ensure traceability and documentation of the development and validation of the procedures
* Writing up all experiments performed into test records/proforma's, workbooks or laboratory books in compliance with current regulatory requirements and DOPs/SOPs as appropriate
* Effectively communicating with microbiology technical lead to ensure data is transferred successfully
The successful Microbiology Scientist will have a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent preferably in Microbiology/Biology along with experience and working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) in a microbiological laboratory along with pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical standards and regulations. Experience of microbiological analysis of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical products including LAL/Endotoxin testing (Chromogenic method), Identification to Gram Stain level, TVC testing, Bioburden testing, viability and purity testing and Environmental Monitoring is desirable.
If you are a Microbiology Scientist looking for your next challenge, please apply online or send your CV directly to Jenni Bates at . If you have any questions, please contact Jenni directly on 0161 868 2222.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 12th October 2017
- Expires: 10th November 2017
- Reference: J23302