Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join a leading Research Organisation based in Surrey on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Contracts Manager, you will provide general and clinical trial contractual advice and expertise to colleagues in both the Enterprise Unit and the joint Clinical Research & Development Office. You will draft, review, negotiate and conclude agreements that relate to clinical trials run by the organisation, and you will identify and meet the expectations of stakeholders in performing the clinical trials contract function.
You will represent the organisation in negotiations with prospective partners and sponsors and at trade shows and conferences, and be a member of the Enterprise Unit team and contribute actively to team meetings.
Further responsibilities of a Contracts Manager will include:
- Analysing the levels of risks posed in contracts and manage appropriately ensuring contracts are fair, equitable and enforceable.
- Managing and tracking all contracts using the contract record system including handling incoming requests from both external and internal parties and contract amendments.
- Working closely with study teams to ensure that arrangements within clinical trials contracts meet all protocol and regulatory requirements and that key contractual obligations are highlighted.
- Contributing to the development of clinical research and development management systems including reviewing changes in relevant legislation, codes of practice and guidelines to assess their impact.
- Building upon the existing relationships with the study teams to develop an understanding of the nature of contracts management needed, including intellectual property protection.
- Reviewing and developing new template agreements as required to ensure compliance with regulatory and governance requirements
- Negotiating and agreeing routine agreements such as material transfer agreement and confidentiality agreements relating to clinical trials.
- Replying promptly to queries from scientists, clinicians and study teams and keep them apprised of progress.
As a Contracts Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BA/BSc Science Degree with significant pharmaceutical industry or clinical development/medicine experience. Advanced degree desirable but not essential.
- An understanding and knowledge of clinical trials and applicable regulatory and ICH guidance regarding clinical research and GCP.
- Recent practical experience of successfully drafting, negotiating and concluding contracts.
- Desire to work in clinical contracts management.
- Well-developed analytic and problem-solving skills, able to interpret contract terms and to advise on their impact appropriately.
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present arguments in a clear and concise way.
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritise tasks effectively and manage workloads.
- Proven good IT skills, with the ability to use computerised and web-based administrative systems and data sources effectively.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL40362 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 12th October 2017
- Expires: 9th November 2017
- Reference: CL40362