Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Biosample Project Support Coordinator to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site based in Welwyn Garden City on a contract basis for 12 months initially.
The Project Support Coordinator (PSC) is the primary point of contact for clinical study teams, Biosample Operations Managers and Biosample Analytical Managers, interacting with BRM for all operational activities related to the collection, distribution and storage of biosamples from clinical trials.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Be responsible and accountable for sample management database design, set-up, and sample importing, and may escalate complex database or LIMS issues to senior level staff and/or management
- With guidance from Sr. PSC, collaborate with external stakeholders to ensure sample management database study design, receipt and distribution/processing and storage requirements are aligned with clinical analysis timelines
- Maintain oversight of sample portfolio for clinical studies, regardless of storage or analysis location; collaborate with vendors to ensure tracking and sample date requirements are met
- Ensure review, approval and maintenance of all necessary documents according to defined processes and guidance documents
- Ensure eCRF informed consent information is linked to samples and is reconciled prior to shipment for analysis, where appropriate
- Communicate issues with sample quality to monitors and / or investigator sites in a timely manner and ensure that appropriate action is taken by BRM Operations and / or external Vendor partners
- Provide input into cross-functional data workflows involving both internal and external sample and results management as requested by project and data managers
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc in scientific, medical or healthcare subject
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience preferred
- Proficiency with PC systems, including email, calendar, and Microsoft Office applications, including data manipulation in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a customer orientated mind-set.
- Previous experience working with biologic samples and associated LIMS and other electronic sample tracking systems would be an advantage
- Proven effective communication, influencing, and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, with internal customer and stakeholder groups
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL40324 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 12th October 2017
- Expires: 9th November 2017
- Reference: CL40324