Preetha Sampath is recruiting for a Electrical Engineer to work within a manufacturing environment for a Materials (Composites) company that manufacture a range of industrial fabrics and materials. The candidate will work on their site in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Controlling the main power systems that supply site manufacturing, buildings and offices as well as the distribution circuits to each area.
- Managing the site High voltage and Low voltage network capacity and maintenance thereof.
- Testing of electrical systems once they are installed to ensure all systems are stable and safe.
- Scheduling and executing Electrical supply equipment maintenance strategies (predictive and preventive)
- Evaluating and authorising maintenance and contractors for works onsite.
- Act as the site authorised person for the management of electrical equipment in flammable areas.
- Recognised Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Relevant electrical engineering experience in operations and maintenance of large industrial plants is required.
- Trained to the latest requirements for electrical installations BS7671.
- Experience of industry standard risk assessment techniques such as HAZOP, FMEA.
- Demonstrable understanding of ATEX requirements / COMPEX trained advantageous.
- Rockwell PLC knowledge required (Logix 5000 & 500, plus RS view).
- Project management experience within multi-disciplinary teams
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG40355 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 11th October 2017
- Expires: 8th November 2017
- Reference: ENG40355