As Technical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for selling an innovative range of life science products, which includes enzymes for genetic engineering research and PCR-related technologies, genetic function analysis systems that use fluorescent proteins and protein interaction analysis systems as well as innovative genomic technology solutions for single-cell analysis and clinical research. You will focus your efforts across key towns, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, and Durham in order to drive business and increase market share.
Core responsibilities as Technical Sales Specialist - Life Science Products - Scotland
* Reporting to the Sales Manager, your role in this very KEY territory will see you maximise sales potential and business growth across Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, and Durham.
* Increase sales of the company's instrumentation, reagents, kits and services to customers within Biotech, Academic, Clinical Research, CRO's and Pharmaceutical accounts.
* Provide technical advice as and when required.
* Gain a real understanding of customer needs and tailor solutions that significantly improve the laboratory workflow and financial performance.
This Global life science company provides innovative research reagents and instrumentation this includes Next Generation Sequencing solutions for biomedical research and clinical diagnostic applications as well as innovative genomic technology solutions for single-cell analysis and clinical research. They offer cutting edge products to their customers, and outstanding training, support and development to their employees. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you've proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
* Degree qualified or higher in Molecular or Cell Biology coupled with practical experience of Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Western Blotting, Immunohistochemistry and / or Protein Analysis, Polymerase chain reaction (PCR), Expression cloning, Gel electrophoresis, Macromolecule blotting and probing, Arrays (DNA array and protein array).
* Proven track record in scientific sales, preferably reagents and / or instrument sales.
* Thrive on getting results and have a creative and innovative approach to your customers.
* A natural relationship builder you communicate effectively and with ease and are confident presenting technical and business information at all levels.
* Ideal location - Edinburgh or Glasgow
* Negotiable basic salary, depending on experience plus 30% bonus
* Company car
* Benefits include: pension, private healthcare etc.
* Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
* Genuine opportunity for career development
Scientific Sales, Sales Representative, Technical Sales, Account Manager, Sales Specialist, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Sales, Immunology, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Western Blotting, ELISA, Immunohistochemistry, Flow Cytometry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Protein Analysis, Laboratory Products, Sales Specialist, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, PCR, Lab Consumables, High-throughput PCR, Genotyping, Mutagenesis, Cloning, Next Generation Re-Sequencing, Sales, Account Manager, Technical Sales, Cell Signaling, Drug Discovery, RNAi, Stem Cell Research, Scotland, Northeast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Durham.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Helix Recruitment
- Posted: 11th October 2017
- Expires: 8th November 2017
- Reference: LA990.007