Jonathan Finch is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a contract manufacturer in the Chemical industry at their site based in Cambridgeshire on a full time, permanent basis.
This company manufactures products for industries including Veterinary Pharmaceuticals and Agrochemicals, and you will be responsible for analysing the finished products, using a range of techniques including HPLC, GC and FTIR.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Provide a flexible chemical analysis service for the Company whilst maintaining accurate records for the Company and its customers.
- Ensure that all samples are analysed in accordance with specifications, procedures and test methods with appropriate documentation and records.
- Ensure by analysis that cross contamination control is maintained.
- Develop and improve methods of analysis and provide solutions to problems requiring analytical expertise.
- Be responsible for ensuring customer sample requests are analysed and dispatched within agreed time frame.
- Generate Certificates of Analysis as required by customer in a timely manner.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Keeping the laboratory facility clean, tidy and fully stocked anticipating future needs.
- Ensuring that all operations in the Laboratory are carried out in a safe manner.
- Undertaking shift work including 12 hour shifts, a mixture of days, nights and weekends.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry (or related subject).
- Experience performing a range of chemical analysis, including HPLC, GC, FTIR and Wet Chemistry.
- Knowledge and experience working towards recognised standards, for example, GMP, GLP, ISO.
- Experience of working in a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Flexible approach to work, and able to work shifts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Contract Manufacturer, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £21,000 - £23,500 dependant upon level of experience, plus a strong benefits package.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39752 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 11th October 2017
- Expires: 8th November 2017
- Reference: ST39752