Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor to join a leading provider of food specific antibody testing in York on a permanent basis. Our client provides a comprehensive range of home to laboratory testing services to a diverse market of consumers. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute and make a difference to an exciting growing business.
The client offers a competitive salary range of £35,000 - £45,000 and benefits include contributory pension, bonus and childcare vouchers.
Laboratory supervisory / management experience with core skills in development of ELISA is ESSENTIAL for this role. In addition to the management responsibilities, this will also be a hands-on role within the laboratory.
· Managing a team of Laboratory Staff heading up all day to day routine laboratory operations; routine testing, manufacturing, QC and export.
- To be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing ELISA plate and diagnostic test kit production
· Managing the team ensuring that all products and test results meet QC specifications before release.
· Ensuring all samples are tested within the desired test turnaround time allocated.
· Managing the inventory of allergens and plates required for ELISA plate production.
- Managing the team ensuring critical raw materials are tested, released and made available for use in a timely way
The successful Lab Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- a BSc/MSc in Science or equivalent
- Experience that includes laboratory management
- The person must be highly organised, results orientated with a good attention to detail.
- Excellent people management skills
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40350 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 11th October 2017
- Expires: 8th November 2017
- Reference: SH40350