Matthew Sullivan is recruiting for an Agrochemical Specialist, to join a Chemical Manufacturing company, specifically relating to Lawns (seeds, fertilizers, pesticides), at their site in Suffolk on a full time/permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Conduct research trials covering several areas such as plant protection products, biocides, growing media, lawn and fertilizer products and application systems in line with the Research Station's annual trial plan
- To propose the best experimentation methodology to test products, discuss the detailed protocols, and contribute to product innovation
- Provide technical support & be a point of contact to wider R&D team and other departments; i.e. providing feedback on product performance to Sales, or trail results to Marketing to substantiate product claims
- Design, implement and report field and glasshouse trials (to required standards; ISO9001, CRD ORETO efficacy testing, etc) in assigned areas
- Be responsible for all day-to-day running & management of trials, including watering and trial plot maintenance, regular maintenance checks of devices
- Establish trials, respecting protocols and rules linked to the Good Experimental Practices of pesticide products (work instructions) and ORETO certification
- Ensure that all work is carried out safely, in accordance with the Company's Environment, Health and Safety policies and instructions
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc (or equivalent) in a Biological discipline such as Agronomy or Horticulture
- Knowledge of crop protection would be advantageous
- Supervisory experience would be advantageous
- Experienced in running trials
- Strong communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Agrochemical company at their site in Ipswich, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £25,000 - £27,000 per annum, plus an excellent benefits package including 26 days annual leave and a monetary bonus scheme.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST40147 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th September 2017
- Expires: 13th October 2017
- Reference: ST40147