Preetha Sampath is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a rapidly growing spin out that is looking to commercialise technologies aimed at purification during the manufacture of biologics and biotherapeutics. Based in Stevenage, this position is a full time permanent opportunity working 40 hours a week.
-The post holder will be responsible for problem solving, designing, building and making devices that allow the R&D team to carry out their functions more effectively.
- A key part will be the on-going design development of purification device housings and plastic part assembly method development.
- The post holder will have access to CAD design software, hand and power tools and a budget to procure new equipment that will benefit their efforts. As well as utilising prototyping methods including 3D printing (internal & external), CNC machining (external) and low-volume plastic injection moulding to aid the design and manufacturing process.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Effectively communicate design ideas and intent to the rest of the team through sketches and/or CAD drawings.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively under broad directives, independently and as a team.
- Experience using a 3D CAD package (preferably SolidWorks) to design parts and assemblies
- A solid understanding of DFMA
- Experience in CFD is advantageous
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a rapidly grown biotherapeutics company based in Hertfordshire.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39919 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th September 2017
- Expires: 13th October 2017
- Reference: ENG39919