Peter Smith is recruiting for an Analyst (Microscopy) to work within the Microscopy Section department for a Food and Drinks R&D company based in Gloucestershire, on a full time, permanent basis. This client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
On offer is a salary £16,000 - £17,000, plus pension and health scheme.
Working within the Microscopy Section, principally on contract services dealing mainly with the identification of foreign bodies reported from food, but with some work in the other areas in which the Microscopy Section is involved.
The post will involve the use of a wide range of microscopy and micro-analytical techniques including light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, X-ray microanalysis and FT-IR spectroscopy.
As a Microscopist you will:
- Undertake microscopic investigations of glass fragments and other foreign bodies, food packaging and food structure and other materials using light and scanning electron microscopy, X-ray microanalysis and FT-IR analysis after appropriate training, and carry out other technical operations in accordance with the position as instructed.
- Interpret analytical data.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with departmental policies
- Be expected to work both on your own and as part of a team, taking responsibility for the identification of individual foreign body samples and preparing a report on each sample
The successful Microscopist will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Science degree and a broad scientific background plus related industrial experience.
- Good with scientific equipment in general
- Specific microscopy experience desirable, but not essential
- Investigative, problem-solving turn of mind.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a small team
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40142 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 15th September 2017
- Expires: 13th October 2017
- Reference: SH40142