Chemistry Section Head-Analyitcal-Food-£25k-£30k-Cambs-GMP - HPLC - GC
A leading contract testing organisation is continuing to grow and is seeking a further two Section Heads to support the Nutritional Chemistry department. You will be actively involved in the management of routine operations, ensuring the team and department are delivering projects to deadline and to the high standards the clients are expecting.
The position will be responsible for the following:
* Efficiently organise and manage the team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within a time limit appropriate to the client expectations.
* To continually review resources including staff, equipment and consumables and inform the Chemistry Manager if they are inadequate to meet analysis demands.
* To work with the Chemistry Manager to monitor and improve productivity of analytical teams.
* Ensure that agreed quality and safety checks are continually adhered to by the team and all paperwork is completed in full.
* Ensure the client requirements are fully understood before test work is started and that all samples are checked to ensure they are suitable for testing prior to work starting.
* Communicate to the client, where necessary and appropriate, any delays in turnaround expectations or queries regarding individual samples. Manage day to day incoming client communication queries regarding the analysis of their samples.
* Ensure that all staff are properly trained to perform the tasks given to them and keep the Chemistry Manager informed of the progress/performance of all staff.
* Monitor the quality of work and results obtained to ensure all work undertaken within the team complies with all relevant HSE, Quality, Regulatory and Accreditation standards and requirements including compliance to internal policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all results obtained by the team are calculated, checked and entered into LIMS without delay. Provide support in checking any queried results.
* Perform final approval checks to results and act as a certificate signatory.
* Make changes to specifications and standing data at the request of the client.
* Be responsible for staff motivation and discipline and to assist with recruitment and performance reviews.
* To immediately bring to the attention of the Chemistry Manager any unsafe practice.
* To work with the Chemistry Manager to rectify any unsafe practice.
* To develop and further improve the safety culture within the business unit.
About you -
To be successful in this role you will have:
* A chemistry, or related, degree. Equivalent experience will be considered.
* A good understanding of Quality Management System.
* Five years' experience of working in a high throughput, ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
* The ability to work on his/her own and manage projects to tight deadlines with a good understanding of the laboratory methods and techniques.
* Excellent staff management skills.
* Excellent communication skills are also required.
* Good understanding of the Food Industry and clients.
* Good computer literacy skills
* High level of reporting and writing skills
* Organisational skills of multi-tasks and multi-people
* Very high attention to detail and a methodical approach
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Posted: 15th September 2017
- Expires: 13th October 2017
- Reference: BBBH4943