Alex Tosney at CK Engineers is recruiting for a Test Technician to work within an R&D environment for a medical device company that manufacture a prestigious range of neuro and orthopaedic products. The Test Engineer will be working at the site in Leeds on a 12 month contract basis. This client is offering a competitive salary, an opportunity be involved in pioneering projects as well as access to state of the art facilities.
As a Test Technician the main purpose of this position will be to focus on testing instruments intended for use in orthopaedic surgery through biomechanical means, including fatigue endurance and load to failure testing
Further responsibilities of this Test Technician will include:
- Conduct new product development and research testing work, duties include but not limited to: liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work.
- Testing with scientific rigor, analysis of data, interpretation of results, recommendation of future test methods, report compilation
- Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines)
- Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs
As a Test Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical engineering or a related subject
- Prior experience for NDT or physical testing would be ideal
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG40100 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th September 2017
- Expires: 12th October 2017
- Reference: ENG40100