Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Collaborator Project Manager to join a major initiative to grow a cell therapy industry delivering health and wealth for the UK. Its vision is for the UK to be a global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell & gene therapies and a place where collaborating businesses can start, and confidently grow. With custom built research and manufacturing faculties with more than 120 employees focusing on cell and gene therapy technologies, it works with partners in academia and industry to ensure these life-changing therapies can be developed for use in health services throughout the world. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis and comes with a salary of £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits.
The aim is to make the UK the most compelling and logical choice for UK and international partners to develop and commercialise these advanced therapies.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate relationship with collaborators through the on-boarding process and once the collaborators have moved into the brand new purpose built Manufacturing Centre. Also, manage other projects related to the continuous growing of the Manufacturing Centre and the cell and gene therapy cluster.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
· Facilitate the lifecycle management of collaborators coming into and leaving the Manufacturing Centre and ensure their experience in the centre is professionally managed and mutually beneficial to all.
· Provide support to the Business Development team and the Senior Collaborator Project Manager, including activities such as hosting potential collaborator visits/meetings, preparing costings and assisting with negotiations and writing contracts.
· Work closely with the Operations Lead and Senior Collaborator Project Manager on the collaborator on-boarding process, moving collaborators into the Manufacturing Centre in an efficient and effective manner ensuring that both the collaborators and CGT's expectations are achieved in terms of budget, quality and timelines.
· Manage collaborator manufacturing schedules during routine operations and Manufacturing Centre planned events such as a facility shut down.
· Manage the day to day relationship with collaborators once within the Manufacturing Centre. Act as the first point of contact between the collaborators and report observations to the senior management team.
· Liaise with the collaborators and the Manufacturing Centre Engineering, Warehouse, Technical Services, Quality Assurance and Quality Control teams to ensure the efficient, effective & compliant coordination of all activities in the event of an unplanned event such as a supply chain issue.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· Proven experience of working within a GMP environment preferably in cell and gene therapy.
· Proven relationship management in the biologics contract manufacturing, or similar industry.
· Scientific background in cell and gene therapies.
· Resilient and able to work well under pressure, able to prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively
· Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of customer needs
· Strong influencing and leadership skills
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust
· A good team player with a hands-on approach
· Willingness to travel, must be flexible to travel between locations as required
· MSc or BSc in a relevant biological or commercial discipline.
If successful you will be enabling companies to take products into clinical trials and ultimately have a direct impact on patients lives.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST40128 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th September 2017
- Expires: 12th October 2017
- Reference: ST40128