We are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Scientist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the County Durham area. As the Downstream Processing Scientist you will be responsible for performing and delivering experiments around the purification of therapeutic biologics focussed on the design, development and scale-down of downstream processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Processing Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensuring experiments are performed according to defined procedures and technical expertise, you will apply scientific and technical judgement to ensure data validity and integrity.
2. Design experimental work using appropriate scientific expertise and judgement to ensure project goals are met and that appropriate technical/equipment resources are used.
3. Managing and aligning work to budget and timelines whilst maintaining scientific integrity and that any changes are effectively communicated and mitigation plans are established.
4. You will provide support to more senior colleagues to develop technical plans for internal and external R&D projects.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Processing Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biotechnology related industry such as, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science or similar.
2. Proven industry experience working within either upstream or downstream processing.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with performing techniques for the purification therapeutic biologics (for example centrifugation, filtration and chromatography) and
protein analysis (for example HPLC methods, SDSPAGE & ELISA technologies) would be highly desirable.
Key Words: Purification | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Downstream | Process Development | Bioprocess | GMP |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th September 2017
- Expires: 11th October 2017
- Reference: J4428