Development Technologist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring experience in formulating polyurethane or epoxy based products.
Title: Development Technologist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £33,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with an established manufacturer of polyurethane and epoxy based products for a range of applications including flooring, sealants, elastomers and coatings. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Development Technologist to lead technical development projects and assist in coordinating quality, health and safety. The role will involve formulation of new products, QC testing and supporting the Regulatory Officer with QSHE. This position would be well suited to an experienced chemist, with a background in the formulation of similar polymer products.
Benefits: Varied role with good prospects to progress over time. Offering 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays and working hours of 37 hours, worked between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 1pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
* Developing new products through formulation of polyurethanes and epoxy resins for multiple applications
* Evaluating new raw materials and formulations
* Providing support with technical documentation
* Providing technical service to manufacturing and customers as required
* Conducting quality control testing on raw materials and finished products, updateing databases as necessary
* Coordinating with manufacturing to ensure quality specifications are met
* Supporting the Regulatory Officer with Health & Safety compliance, COSHH records, internal audits and risk assessments
* Liaising between manufacturing and the Technical Director
* Proven experience in the development/formulation of polyurethanes, epoxy resins or similar polymer products
* Chemistry or related qualification or industry-related qualification
* Good communication skills and a hands on attitude
* High attention to detail and an ability to manage projects and time effectively
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in polyurethane or epoxy resin development, is keen to add value to a growing business.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: polyurethane, polyurethanes, urethanes, epoxy, epoxies, resin, resins, adhesive, adhesives, binder, sealant, development, R&D, formulation, chemistry, polymer science, polymers
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 13th September 2017
- Expires: 11th October 2017
- Reference: J23509