Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager based in the personal care division to join a chemical manufacturing company based in West Yorkshire. This company manufactures a range of speciality chemicals and personal care products which are used in the inks, printing, coatings and cosmetic industries. This is a full time, permanent position working Monday- Friday 8:30-4:30. The salary for this role is circa 30-35,000 depending on experience, you will also be provided with a company laptop and car allowance as the role will involve travel.
The successful applicant will join the company's sales department, but will also be expected to work closely with the company's senior management and technical development team.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existing European accounts
- Identify, target and develop new business opportunities within allocated territories (Poland, Germany and Nordic countries)
- Raise and follow up sales quotations in a bid to maximise sales
- Respond to customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Use experience and knowledge from a technical environment and provide technical support to the sales and purchasing team
- Liaise with the technical team to support and progress existing, as well as prospect, customers in their new product developments
- Arrange and follow up samples and product approvals
- Pro-active approach by both e-mails and on the telephone (e.g. chase orders, forecast updates, discuss upcoming requirements, quotations outcomes, discuss pricing, new product opportunities)
- Provide information for personal and market performance through monthly reports, forecasts and annual budgets
- Travel on customer visits to maintain and develop customer relations
- Attend exhibitions and trade shows in representation of the company
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in a chemical or biological subject is advantageous, although experience could be considered a substitute for formal qualifications
- Experience working in a similar role is desired
- Sales experience is essential.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40115 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th September 2017
- Expires: 11th October 2017
- Reference: SH40115