We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Large Molecule Bioanalysis to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Large Molecule Bioanalysis you will be responsible for development, validation and application of bioanalytical methods.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Large Molecule Bioanalysis will be predominantly laboratory based, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Take the lead in method development, assay troubleshooting and sample analysis as well as providing technical advice to colleagues. A diverse range of scientific techniques are used including:
- Enzyme immunoassay, Gyrolab, Mesoscale Discovery (MSD), Singulex Erenna, Radioimmunoassay, AlphaLISA and DELFIA
- Multiplexing technology including MSD and Luminex
- PK analysis of therapeutic biologics
- Immunogenicity testing of biologics
- Biomarker quantification
- Flow cytometry
- Bioassays eg cell-based assays and potency testing assays
- CMC and batch release in a GMP environment
- Characterisation and labelling of antibody reagents
- Mass spectrometry e.g. peptide mapping, protein ID and quantification
- Automation of assays and integration into LIMS
- Enzyme activity assays
2. As part of a team, you will undertake project work within the biological teams to support Drug Development Services.
3. As this a Senior Scientist level role, you will be expected to provide training, development and mentoring of junior staff.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Large Molecule Bioanalysis we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Suitable candidates are likely to have worked in the pharmaceutical industry with a degree or higher degree in a biological science.
2. You will be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of carrying out method development, validation and sample analysis in a GLP/GCP accredited analytical laboratory, specifically for the analysis of large molecule analysis.
3. You should have previous Study Director and/or supervisory experience in a regulated bioanalytical environment, as well as the ability to take the lead on project scheduling, co-ordination, resource planning and reporting of data.
Key Words: Enzyme immunoassay | Gyrolab | Mesoscale Discovery (MSD) | Singulex Erenna | Radioimmunoassay | AlphaLISA | DELFIA | Luminex | PK analysis | cell based assays | flow cytometry | mass spectrometry | Scientist | Large molecules | Biologics | GMP | GLP | large molecule analysis | biotherapeutics |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th September 2017
- Expires: 11th October 2017
- Reference: J3542