Matthew Sullivan is recruiting for an HS&E Specialist to join a manufacturer of Oleochemicals at their new site based in Essex, on a full time, permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Be responsible for overall health, environment and safety issues in the plant.
- Develop, build and sustain a behavioural based and results-oriented safety culture, and to lead site safety awareness.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, safety and employee vocational health laws and regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the plant.
- Develop, implement and/or maintain comprehensive management systems in support of plant HS&E policies, procedures and programs.
- Audit and evaluate the effectiveness of the systems and recommend and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Interact with governmental authorities, maintain records for inspections, serve as primary contact for third party inspections and audits.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Determining/identifying and facilitating all plant safety training.
- Conducting/coordinating incident investigations.
- Overseeing site Industrial Hygiene program.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Safety Engineering, or a related subject.
- Extensive experience in a HSE role.
- Detailed knowledge of industrial hygiene, safety engineering principles and occupational health hazards.
- Strong communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very well respected company within their respective field, and in return they are offering a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependant upon experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST40108 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th September 2017
- Expires: 11th October 2017
- Reference: ST40108