Jocelyn Blackham is currently recruiting for a Neuroscience Senior Researcher to become part of a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced Neuroscience drug discovery service to one of the most patient (and family) focused pharmaceutical companies in the world. This role is based at the client's custom built facility in Hertfordshire which houses Commercial, Discovery, Clinical and Manufacturing business units under one roof and is commutable from London, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. The role is offered on a one year fixed term contract basis initially with a competitive salary and other benefits.
As a Neuroscience Senior Researcher you will be working within the in vitro biology function of the drug discovery and at the core of everything you do will be the development and maintenance of cell cultures including primary cells, cell lines and IPSc derived cells. You will be working on multiple projects both internally and in collaboration with external groups from academia and industry for very early phase discovery through to the clinic. As such knowledge and experience of assay development, screening and results presentation are essential.
Other duties will include:
• Designing experiments, producing data, interpreting data and contributing to current and future collaboration projects
• Assisting in the development of novel therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases
• Developing and validating new assays and analytical approaches
• Assisting in medium throughput screening
• Conducting immunostaining, western blotting, immunocytochemistry, calcium imaging and fluorescence imaging
• Presenting concepts, facts and approaches to internal parties to advise of key trends / issues
• Independently reviewing and sharing experimental results with the project manager
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A BSc, MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant field with advanced laboratory skills in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, neuroscience or a related discipline
Extensive cell culture experience (neuronal cell culture would be advantageous but not essential)
• Strong knowledge and experience of assay development and screening
• The ability to design, schedule, execute and interpret experiments using complex biological systems e.g native tissue, cell culture, western blotting assays, screening technologies
• Experience with protein purification and Antibodies would be advantageous
• Previous experience or knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug discovery process would be advantageous
• The ability to troubleshoot systems and processes
• The ability to present findings to peers and stakeholders
• The desire to work in early phase drug discovery.
Our client has more than 11,000 people worldwide with operations in the U.S., Asia, Europe & Japan and is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. They define their corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families, and to increasing the benefits health care provides." The successful candidate will be a fixed term permanent employee of the CK Group and will be working for CK as part of a small but busy, research focused team of scientists that CK is providing for our client as an outsourced function. As such they must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, dedication and self-motivation together with the desire to acquire new skills.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39952 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th September 2017
- Expires: 11th October 2017
- Reference: ST39952