Graduate Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or related discipline and industrial experience, gained during or after degree course.
Title: Graduate Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a family-run company who specialise in the development and manufacture of speciality chemicals for the personal care industry. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Graduate Chemist to join the technical team at their site in West Yorkshire. The role will encompass elements of new and existing product development and technical support for manufacturing. This position would be well suited to Chemistry graduate who has undertaken an industrial placement in the chemical industry.
Benefits: Innovative company offering genuine progression prospects in this role. Excellent pension scheme and flexible working hours of 34.5 hours, worked between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
* Creating innovative formulations for new product development and improving existing product formulations
* Overseeing the scale up of products from laboratory to plant manufacture
* Providing technical support and conducting product trials both in-house and on site with customers as required
* Sourcing and evaluating new and alternative raw materials and approving suppliers
* Completing and providing comprehensive reports on all development/technical work
* Organising and obtaining sample requests where necessary
* Assisting with group projects and process development for other products as required
* Minimum degree-level qualification in Chemistry or related discipline
* At least 1 year of experience in the chemical industry, i.e. industrial placement or experience following university
* Able to manage projects independently and use initiative to solve problems
* Good organisation and communication skills
* Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
* Hands on approach with good team-working skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry graduate with at least a year of experience in the chemical industry, working on their own projects.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, graduate, project management, formulation, development, laboratory
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 12th August 2017
- Expires: 9th September 2017
- Reference: J23199