Preetha Sampath is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join a hazardous waste and environmental management company based at their site in Fawley in Hampshire, on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that this is a days role working 37 hours a week.
The main purpose of the Maintenance Technician will be to ensure that appropriate repair and maintenance requirements are identified and undertaken as necessary to maintain plant availability.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Advise management of safety issues.
- Carry out risk assessment and method statement for routine and defect maintenance tasks as required.
- Responsible for determining and executing repair and preventative maintenance to mechanical machinery.
- Carry out planned maintenance
- Help other maintenance colleagues in routine tasks or major overhauls
- Provide mechanical maintenance support to maximise plant operations.
- Provide assistance and support to the Engineering Department as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Recommend modifications or maintenance procedures that enhance the department's performance.
- Assist in the detailed planning of and preparation for plant maintenance shut down periods.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant educational qualification in mechanical maintenance
- Proven Experience of refurbishing pumps (centrifugal, piston, mono), conveyors, elevators, shredders, hydraulics, filter presses, bearings, gear boxes, fans etc
- Valid Driving Licence
- FLT Driver
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a waste management company, and in return they are offering a highly competitive salary, and a handsome benefits package.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39856 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 11th August 2017
- Expires: 8th September 2017
- Reference: ENG39856