Graduate opportunity within a specialist materials laboratory
Job Title: Development Technician
Salary: £19,000 - Temporary contract
Our client is a world leader in the development and supply of speciality chemical products to the construction industry. As a result of their continued success they are looking to hire a chemist to support their development team. This role would suit someone looking for a role in industrial chemistry and we are happy to consider new graduates alongside those people with experience. This is a temporary position with an immediate start.
Benefits: This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate chemist with an interest in material chemistry to gain hands on experience within a specialist R&D laboratory. Full training can be given and there will also be the opportunity to travel to Europe & participate in field trials.
This position will directly support the work of the technical department. Key duties will include:
* Assisting with the development and formulation of new products.
* Testing of raw materials & finished products.
* Carrying out product field trials - this will involve travel to Europe.
* Keeping accurate records and producing detailed reports for the senior team.
* General lab maintenance & duties
* A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry / Material science or a related field.
* A full UK Driving licence
* A valid UK Passport and the ability to travel overseas
* Industrial chemistry experience will be advantageous but not essential - applications are welcome from recent graduate seeking their first job.
* This position will involve some manual work requiring candidates to be physically fit.
This position will be a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to begin working in an industrial laboratory and begin a career within R&D and material chemistry.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link below. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Nathan Fairhurst at . For more information, please contact Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position would not be relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch, or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 11th August 2017
- Expires: 8th September 2017
- Reference: J22946