Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Team Leader
Our Client an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Team Leader and quality manager to lead day to day quality functions at a world-renowned supplier of high quality ingredients for the food and beverage industry.
Reporting to the Global Quality Manager, the job holder will be instrumental in managing the Analytical Laboratory to ensure the quality and authenticity of all purchased and manufactured products, along with supporting all new product development (NPD).
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for quality control analysis using GC and LC instrumentation, day to day management of all functions, processes and systems used in the Analytical Sciences Laboratories
- Management of preventative maintenance & troubleshooting (GLC, GC-MS, GCMS-MS, HPLC/UPLC or LCMS/MS)
- Responsible for delivery of training and assessment of analysts in GC, LC, and MS instrumental analysis in Quality Department.
- Development, management and validation of advanced quantitative methods for all GC and LC instruments.
- Supervise and mentor the members of the Quality team that work within the Analytical function.
- Perform instrumental analysis raw materials using UV spectrometry, GLC, HPLC, GC-MS, GCMS/MS
- Management of all calibrations and instrumental logs for all GCs, LCs and MS instruments in Quality department and ensure their compliance with Quality Systems and procedures.
- Performing calibration and verification checks (GC; GC-MS; GCMS-MS, HPLC)
- Write Quality Control Procedures (QCPs) and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPQs) as and when requested
We are looking for someone who has a degree in science based discipline, experience of GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, LC/MS and LC/MS/MS method development, experience of writing and reviewing QCP’s and SOP’s.
You will also have people management experience and have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication.
If this sounds like the role for you please get in touch as we are looking for someone to start ASAP! A competitive salary is on offer along with an impressive benefits package.
Location: East Anglia
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
For more science jobs please see www.sci-search.com
Keywords: Analytical chemistry, LC-MS, GC-MS, Mass spectrometry, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, quality manager, QA, QC, laboratory manager, supervisor, team leader, method development, method validation
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Posted: 10th August 2017
- Expires: 7th September 2017
- Reference: 19596