What we are looking for:
We are looking to recruit a full time HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist to join our small friendly multi-discipline team. Ideally, the applicant will be trained in Histopathology however, multi-discipline Biomedical Scientists or individuals with experience in Haematology & Blood Transfusion who are willing to gain training in Histopathology will be considered for the role.
The Department performs the following testing onsite:
* Specimen cut-up, embedding, microtomy, staining & reporting.
* Processing of Mohs & frozen sections.
* Cytology: Processing & staining of fluids & fine needle aspirates.
* Haematology: FBC's, blood film morphology, coagulation, sickle cell screening.
* Transfusion: Blood Group & Antibody Screening & Cross Matching using manual BioRad techniques.
* Biochemistry: Routine Biochemistry tests including U&E's, LFT's, Bone & lipid profiles.
Our department is currently open 0900-1700 Mon-Fri and we provide an on-call service which all Biomedical Scientists participate in on a rota basis.
Please see job description for full details and person profile.
37.5 hours per week.
The successful candidate would be expected to participate in the on call and Saturday morning Rota on a 1:4 rotation.
Essential qualifications and training required:
* Biomedical Science Degree, HNC Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent.
* HCPC registration.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Matchtech
- Posted: 10th August 2017
- Expires: 7th September 2017
- Reference: EMP397321