Title: Experimentalist - Herbicide Screening / Biological Technician
Contract Length: 6 Month contract
SRG are working with a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. They are currently looking for a Biological Technician to join their global team of over 28,000 employees operating in 90 countries worldwide. Innovation plays a key role in fueling this company's performance.
They provide their customers across the world with an unparalleled range of products and continually seek new ways to meet food production challenges. The success of their business depends on the people who are there so nurturing talent and creativity is at the heart of their culture.
The successful applicant will work in the screening operations team within Weed Control and will be required to spray, maintain and assess herbicide bioassays, and produce resulting biology data.
* Working independently and as part of a team, to carry out experimental work for herbicide screening to a high standard.
* Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test.
* Evaluate plants for herbicidal symptomology and activity and enter results onto relevant database.
* Ensure that all work carried out is within Syngenta's policies on HSE and record keeping.
* Ideally educated to Degree level or similar in a science subject, preferably biology.
* Good standard of literacy, numeracy and Microsoft Office familiarity.
* Previous experience working with plants and/or in science would be an advantage.
* Happy to work in role that can be physically demanding at times; requiring the preparation and movement of large numbers of plant units and extensive glasshouse working.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided.
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Dan on 0161 868 2205
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 10th August 2017
- Expires: 22nd August 2017
- Reference: J22008