£15,600 per annum, (lunch is provided daily).
Must have own transport.
Will consider people who are willing to relocate to North Oxford area.
Contact me: Andrew Shortt 0121 222 5333
My client are a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people's lives. They are recruiting for Animal Care Technicians in their Operations/Production department in Oxfordshire.
To drive the business forward, I am looking to recruit the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about making a difference in people's lives.
* Employees under this job title are responsible for the day-to-day welfare and care of breeding animals, as well as the maintenance of lab animal health and husbandry within the assigned facility. Animal Technicians are primarily tasked with maintaining food supplies for, and cage cleanliness of, laboratory animals inside a controlled environment facility.
How you will contribute to make a difference:
* Operate to all relevant work instructions at a supervised level.
* To carry out daily care and welfare duties including:
* Daily welfare checks
* Record keeping
* Provision of adequate fresh food and water.
* To ensure cages and/or enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
* Provide animals with environmental enrichment.
* To be responsible for personal and colleagues' Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines on safe working practices.
* Working to Quality System Standards
* Ensures products meet customers' requirements
* Teamwork throughout the work place
* Workplace cleanliness
* Ensure adequate supplies of food, bedding, and consumables are available for animals as required.
* Provision of weekend /bank holiday cover as required
* Other duties as assigned.
Is this you? If so, apply today:
* Interest in caring for animals or practical animal handling experience (vets, pet shops, farms, research)
* Qualification in animal science, husbandry, or animal care. This could be a BSc, HND, HNC or diploma, would
be an advantage
* Good English communication skills
* Basic mathematical skills
* Basic English reading skills
* Basic English writing skills
* The ability to perform repetitive tasks and manual dexterity required.
* Good hygiene required.
Certain pet restrictions are in place, such as owning small mammals or reptiles.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 10th August 2017
- Expires: 7th September 2017
- Reference: J23151