Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for QC Scientists (Protein Chemistry) to join a leading drug development company based in Yorkshire on a permanent basis. The client provides support to pharmaceutical industries and offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
There has been major investments made in facilities on the site and successful candidates will be part of our clients exciting and expanding future, working with progressive management, inventive technologies and alongside other talented scientists.
The Division, situated in North Yorkshire is a fully GMP/ GLP/ GCP compliant facility providing a comprehensive portfolio of services including cell bank production and storage, cell bank and viral vector safety testing, viral clearance services, cell based bioassays, biodistribution studies, analysis of biofluids using immunochemistry based techniques and extensive protein chemistry support including cGMP batch release and stability testing.
A QC Scientist routinely manages studies which may include a number of analytical techniques. They are therefore expected to have an in depth knowledge of relevant techniques and are able to advise clients on study designs. Due to the varied nature of the scientific work involved, candidates must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to laboratory work, possess excellent communication and time management skills and be able to maintain a high standard of record keeping. This role is mixture of office and lab based.
The division has four sections of analytical focus, in which candidates could be required to work in: Cell Based Assays, Protein Chemistry, ELISA, and Biosafety Testing
As QC Scientists you will:
- This section is focused on the assessment of the biological activity of large molecules using cell-based assays.
- Experience of cell culture work coupled with a good background in aseptic technique whilst working in a Class II facility would be advantageous in this section
Protein Chemistry and ELISA
- These two sections combine to focus on providing analytical support in the drug development pathway for the characterisation and stability assessment of large protein molecules.
- Have experience in analytical techniques such as: SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, Isoelectric focusing, Capillary electrophoresis, HPLC, spectrophotometry, ELISA, amino-acid analysis, peptide mapping, and Glycosylation analysis .
- The Biosafety group perform a wide variety of molecular and virological techniques in support of the drug development process.
- Experience of cell culture work coupled with a good background in aseptic technique whilst working in a Class II facility would be advantageous in this section.
- HPLC experience needed for each roles.
The successful QC Scientist will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
-Bachelors/Masters degree, Ph.D or those with industrial experience would be considered appropriate for the position.
- Candidates are expected to have relevant experience (study directing, management of analytical teams or project management) in a regulatory environment (GLP/GCP/GMP).
-In addition, experience of client management and technical expertise in a relevant scientific arena is required.
- A sound working knowledge of GLP and GMP would be advantageous.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39850 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 10th August 2017
- Expires: 7th September 2017
- Reference: SH39850