* To work as part of a team carrying out microbiological challenge testing studies in support of NPD and troubleshooting.
* To support the business with microbial food safety and quality issues as appropriate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* To perform challenge testing of products including:
* Culture preparation
* Sample preparation
* Microbiological analysis
* Plate counting
* Data review
* To perform product profiling - pH and water activity analysis for microbiological risk assessment.
* To partake in appropriate, timely and effective response to any microbial food safety issues.
* To perform all duties in accordance with ISO 17025 principles.
* To perform all necessary housekeeping functions and other general duties as required.
* To work within the company H&S requirements.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a experience in a UKAS accredited Food/Water Microbiology laboratory, operating at least to a Technician level and will have a working knowledge of all functions including:
* LIMS and sample log in
* Sample preparation and dilution
* Media plating
* Plate reading and reporting
* Product profiling - pH and water activity analysis
* Confirmation tests and pathogen detection tests
* Media preparation
* Culture maintenance and preparation
* Challenge testing including culture/sample preparation and inoculation techniques
However, consideration will be given to candidates with less experience, as full on job training will be provided.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
* Good attention to detail and record keeping
* Proven good organisational abilities and self motivated
* Good scientific discipline and logical approach to working
* Ability to work to agreed protocols and standards
* Ability to work accurately under pressure
* Good inter-personnel skills and good team work
* Ability to multi task
* Good practical skills
* Drive and enthusiasm to carry out tasks within this function
* Flexibility of work hours
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Matchtech
- Posted: 9th August 2017
- Expires: 30th August 2017
- Reference: EMP393159